Sunday, December 11, 2005



So, I can't tell you how many times I've googled "map of Southeast Asia" in the past week. Maybe like, 25. Thank ye gods for the google toolbar. Anyway, I thought since it's been on my mind quite a lot recently, I'd let you guys in on my super-secret top-secret very-tentative-and-also-secret travel plans for January/February.

Okay, here goes. You can follow along with the map, pretend it's one of those cool Indiana Jones map-with-lines and airplane photo montages. The green loop is to/from the farm right outside of Bangkok, blue means the sightseeing is over and I'm heading out, and ... don't ask me what the dotted line means. It just looked right. :)

January 19: Leave Seoul, stop over in Taiwan, arrive in Bangkok at 2 AM on ...
January 20 - 22: Explore Bangkok
January 23 - 27: Bus to and volunteer at Pathom Asoke, an organic Buddhist farm
January 27: Bus back to Bangkok, flight to Chang Mai
January 28-30: Trekking in the jungle
January 31: Travel to Chang Rai, book passage down the Mekong through Laos
January 31- February 5: Exploring villages in Laos, Vientaine
February 5: Return to Bangkok
February 6: Bangkok -> Kuala Lumpur
February 7: Kuala Lumpur -> Siem Reap
February 8-10: Exploring Angkor Wat
February 10: Siem Reap -> Kuala Lumpur
February 11: Kuala Lumpur -> Bangkok -> Taiwan -> Seoul
February 12: Seoul -> Jeju
February 13: First day of winter break class ?! (sleep?? haha.)

This is a lot for just a few days, and we know it. Actually only the flight to and from Bangkok and Seoul is booked, everything else is tentative and flexible.

this just in: my coteacher told me that they eat spiders in Cambodia. And they have a "Spider Forest". Am I biting off more than I can chew?? ;)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger