Sunday, December 25, 2005



Merry Christmas, everyone.
It's currently 7:02 here. I'm sitting my pajamas, listening to Christmas on my iTunes and (still) wearing my Santa hat. It's been quite a week.



Without even intending to get much "learning" done, I brought my camera in to school and had the kids take pictures while they made English Christmas cards and snowflakes. I think they know the word "fold" very well now. :)



Their cards were of course heartwarming.





Friday was Daesin's school festival, which is kind of like a recital and a talent show all in one. My homestay sister sang and played the flute, there was a lot of dancing and Korean skits, and some of the "bad boys" in my class strutted around to Korean hip-hop. This was the last time I'd see my kids until March ... and I was a little surprised at how sad I was to leave them. One of the moments I know that teaching was the right decision for me. :)

Last night I stayed up late talking to my family back in America, which was perfect for Christmas eve (but I still miss fireplaces!). My homstay family and I did our gift exchange last night, so today I got to wake up super late. :) I toddled into the living room and my homestay brother and sister were watching Love Actually on TV. I walked in right at the beginning and I didn't move until the end I may or may not have been misty-eyed. Don't tell anyone.

Much love and miss you all ... Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger