Thursday, December 15, 2005

I can't believe I forgot to blog about this before! Well, better late than never. :)
So as you may or may not know, my host family are busy busy people. We very very rarely eat dinner together; since my host mom works as a cook in the Convention Center, she eats all her meals there, and my host father eats dinner at around 10 or 10:30 when he gets back from work. My host brother and sister keep real crazy meal hours. But Sundays tend to be fairly normal, and we usually get one meal (either lunch or dinner) together. So, this past Sunday, I decided to make my host family ... quesadillas!

Now, I'm not a bad cook or a good cook really. I would characterize myself as "enthusiastic and untested". So in all honesty, I've never actually MADE quesadillas in the sense of actually getting the ingredients and putting them all together, though I have gathered the ingredients in Chase Dining Hall and watched the cooking staff make me a quesadilla countless times. Soo, it's the same thing. :) Miraculously, they came out nearly perfect! We had a great time shopping at E-Mart for the ingredients, with my host brother sneaking samples of the raspberry wine when nobody was looking and both of us coming back at least 3 times to the chocopuffs cereal sample bowl, hahah. The best part - my host mother actually let me cook! In the kitchen! I even got to make homemade guacamole and Mexican beans and rice. Ohhh man, I'm getting hungry again ...

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger