Sunday, October 28, 2007

Well, my vacation's over. I caught a cold through most of it, but I've rested up and I'm feeling great now.

I saw a lot of cows today. This one seemed to like me.



I took the scooter to the east side of Halla Mountain today and just road around, stopping to check out beautiful views. It's a shame it'll soon be a little too cold to do this.



The foliage was nice but nothing like home -- I miss New England!



I found this path through an evergreen forest on one of the small hills here on Jeju ... it seemed almost like something out of a fairy tale -- or a horror movie??



Well I've been telling everyone I know, so I might as well post it here - I've decided to try the National Novel Writing Month contest! Yes, this gives you permission to heckle me and ask me how many words I've written so far. I start at 12:00 AM on November 1st, and I have till 11:59 PM on November 30th to write a 50,000 word novel. I'm thinking about posting chapters as I finish them here - good idea? Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Dave Gerlits said...

Henry,

Great idea! It will be a great read, I'm sure.

Love, Dad

Stuart said...

Carlie and I found a path like that in upstate New York when we were hiking through the woods near where she lived last May. It led to a graveyard. Where did yours lead?

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you ^^


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger