Saturday, October 20, 2007

Well it's been hot and humid since I arrived here in Korea, but this past week the weather took an abrupt nose-dive into almost visible-breath, winter-coat conditions. And unfortunately I caught a little sniffle as well. I had the week off from Uni classes, and spent most of the time hanging out at cafes, reading, and working on my little pet project lately ~ putting ALL of my photos online. I think I've got about 10,000 on my computer, and right now I'm uploading what I have to Flickr and sorting through them. You can't see them yet, but in a week's time they should be all public, check them out. Here's a few recent ones:

One of my best students, Geonbeom, tries a fruity cocktail at a bar renowned for it's homebrewed beer. I guess just to be different?



Minbeom shows off his book balancing talents.



One day 3 out of the 5 students in my Level 2 class decided to wear brownish bluish plaid shirts:



The view of Jeju City from Dodu Oreum (near the airport).



I feel like I'm really settling in here at Cheju University, which is I guess somewhat strange to say. I've been traveling and moving around since last May, and the prospect of staying in the same place for a while has seemed almost alien. Until now. I'm happy here, my job is fun and fulfilling, and I can see my progress in the Korean language. Well, I guess I'm jinxing myself, but -- life's been good. :)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger