Monday, July 24, 2006

EGG GHOSTS

I'm full swing in Camp Fulbright. It's funny how when you have literally no time at all, you find more time to do the things you never get to normally. I like when things fall into different persepctives like that. Today was day one of classes, I'm teaching the second from the highest level, and I only have seven kids in my class. It's ... beautiful, in a word. But I haven't been without a needy child on my arm since 8:00 AM, 15 hours ago, so it's nice to get some alone time. Earlier tonight I took a group on a little walk around campus, and I had a little conversation with one of my tiny new friends. It was really dark out. That should quite nicely to:

Me: Are you afraid of ghosts?
Student: No.
Me: Really? Have you ever seen a ghost?
Student: Yes.
Me: A real ghost? Like ... woooooo? (at this point I'm, I guess, walking around like a ghost and making scary sounds)
Student: No, not person ghost.
Me: Oh, like ... an animal?
Student: No, egg.
Me: An egg ghost?
Student: Yes, egg ghost.
Me: What ... what did it do?
Student: (making egg-rolling-around-motions) It went shing-shing-shing.
Me: And you weren't scared?
Student: I catch that. Then break, and fry, and eat!
Me: Did you like it?
Student: Egg ghost was delicious!

In 40 minutes: officially 2 weeks till I'm back in the States. But maybe, I want to take some of these kids with me?? :)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger