Thursday, November 03, 2005

So I went outside to take out the trash tonight and it felt so good to be under the sky - it had been a rainy day today and I'm a little sick, so I'd been cooping myself up with email and books for much of it. I was about to go back into the apartment but I got that urge ... to just go for a walk. I always trust that urge. So I walked our apartment's little foot-massage path for a while, and then I started to follow this strange music I heard coming from the other side of the park. Turns out one of the buildings over there is some sort of function hall, and I peeked in the windows at a dance troupe practicing, and saw through another side door to some sort of music performance, complete with screaming fangirls. So I went to the main entrance and went inside. I've found that faking confidence is ALWAYS the best way to maneuver in a situation so I pretended I knew where I was going, and went into the auditorium to find ... a Korean rap act ! And no empty seats. But at least I know there's some kind of performance hall like 2 min from my apt! So many things I don't know about, right under my nose in Korea.

Even closer to my house is the library, which I've known about for a while but never explored. Tonight was the right night. After wandering around for a bit, found that the 3rd floor was randomly full of people -- all ages from elementary school into college. And all studying! Or at least pretending to be, while they talked to their friends. So tonight I felt like a freshman again at Wheaton, really interested for a while in my own room and my dorm floor, but then a month or so into things really discovering that I have a CAMPUS right at my fingertips. With a library and a concert hall it really does feel like a campus. Can't wait to bring my laptop and some writing over to the library next week ... especially since it's within range of my homestay wireless ! ;)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger