Sunday, November 13, 2005

An Island Tour

Ahhh, Korean hospitality. Honestly, there's nothing quite like it.
Yesterday Ben-si, me, and L^3 (Lindsay Laura Lauren) went out for the afternoon and evening with one of Lindsay's fellow English teachers, who had a whole day of Jeju sightseein' and Korean-culture-experiencin' planned for us. A few highlights:

-Seeing the ubiquitous rice cakes actually being made (with a bang!)
-Watching Ben consume unhealthy amounts of kyool (clementine-like mini oranges)
-Rolling bottles of makkoli down (up?) the "mysterious road" where the road's tilt is supposed to create an illusion - I didn't get it. I suspect its like those damn Magic Eye posters I could never get, some people just don't see the mystery. ;)
-Eating various sea creatures, tofu, and tasty fruit throughout the evening.
-An amazing tea shop experience! We had 3 types of tea - including "meh-meel-cha" (wheat tea), a really thick "tea" that was apparently 35% vegetable matter, and yellow nok-cha. Also found out that Lindsay's fellow teacher plays Paduk (Go) ... asked him to "throw down" with me sometime. My slang-spreading crusade continues ... (I had my coteacher saying "manpurse" the other day)
-LOVELAND. Basically a sex sculpture park. God, I don't even know where to begin. Check my flickr site for pics soon. ;)
-Being serenaded by three guitar-weilding Korean men playing Elvis's "Love Me Tender" as we looked over Jeju City sipping Blue Margaritas and Long Island Iced Teas to top off the evening. Uh-HUH! :)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger