Saturday, August 20, 2005

Oh! Forgot to mention ... drank Black Omija tea the other day in the International Convention Center here in Seogwipo, it's grown on Mt. Halla in Jeju and is unique to the island. Hooray for rare teas! It was almost as fruity as juice, and since it was iced tea the perfect end to a hot day. Yesterday I hung out with my host brother and Jun Hyeok, one of the middle schoolers I taught in the Camp Fulbright classes a few weeks ago and who lives a couple apartments over. Good kids. :) In the evening we went to the World Cup Stadium down the street (they hosted the soccer world cup in 2002) which has become sort of a town square for this side of Seogwipo. Tons of families were there rollerblading, running around, playing soccer etc. My host dad and I played some badminton and we had a few volleys maybe in the 40s or 50s before we dropped it ... and I found out that my host mom is a mean hacky sack player, worlds better than I could ever be! After that, ended up sleeping ten hours last night and I definitely needed it. Today I'll be going to visit Yakcheonsa, a Buddhist temple right outside Seogwipo and apparently the largest in Asia! :)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger