Monday, August 29, 2005

Just wanted to let you know that I just uploaded a boatload of pics. Enjoy! :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24563232@N00/

Well I'm sitting here in my "teacher's office" -- yes, I have an office! Have I said that before? ;) It's the second day of school and I'm eager to get started. This week I've been talking about greetings and introductions, having the students practice introducing themselves, and then passing out some questions for them to ask me so that I can get a conversation flowing, and so that they can get to know me. It's been going pretty well, it was tough in the beginning to get the class to pay attention, but by the fourth class I was doing a lot better. It's surprising how much you can learn so quickly, even in one day. Psyched ot get this day started ! :)

Americans get a kind of celebrity welcome here, and I've had people shouting "Hi, my name is" from all the way across the playground. The girls sometimes scream and run away, or scream with joy and want to take my picture. Haha. The kids are pretty chill, and some of them come into the English room to watch DVDs during lunch time ... got to watch bits of School of Rock and Spiderman yesterday. It's gonna be a good year. :)

2 comments:

ColinKlinkert said...

Midnight Mixes Vamps With West
Midnight Mixes Vamps With West Mary Lambert has signed on to helm the vampire western High Midnight for Treasure Entertainment, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Get Your Email Account

Dave Gerlits said...

Henry,

I'm glad you're off to such a good start. And, you got a lot of posts from other bloggers as well as faithful family and friends.

Love,

Dad


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger