Friday, July 20, 2007

It's the calm before the storm.

In a day and a half, the students will arrive here at Camp Fulbright, and everything will begin. I feel kind of like a grandmother waiting to hear the pitter-patter of little feet on her doorstep. Here's what we look like, unpacking boxes. Exciting, no?




Vinnie, our fearless Camp Director, gets way into this.



Before I left Seoul, I went out with Jin, one of my students from Boston, and his friend Nuri.



Jin is, by all accounts, adorable.



Now as some of you know, I pride myself on being able to eat spicy food. In fact, I never want to eat anything but. BUT! On this particular occasion, we went out for some beer and ordered "bul-tak" or fire chicken. Let me tell you, whatever they put in this stuff, it made my mouth turn to molten lava for a good 15 minutes with just one bite. We all tried to be macho, but it sat on the table virtually untouched. I have been defeated!!

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger