Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm sipping on a little cup of nok-cha (that's green tea) in my hotel room, Insadong, Seoul, South Korea.

Well, well. I'm back.

I flew out of Boston on Thursday morning and arrived in Seoul on Friday night, a little tired but eyes the size of saucers, of course. Korea, I missed you. My saucer-eyes have been drinking it all in, and it feels almost like the first time I came to Korea. Differences have been jumping out at me these past few days. Like:

- little delights tucked into pub menus (bottled beer, chicken wings, popcorn, dried salted fish strips, whiskey...)

- 50-year-old businessmen holding hands

- handbag shops open past midnight (drunken shopping?)

- a mandatory 15-20 noraebang (karaoke rooms) per city block

The TV in my room is a flat-screen and mounted right on the wall, and it's - get this - approximately 41.5 inches diagonally. I didn't have a ruler, but I used an 8.5x11 notebook thrice on the long side, and once on the short. Mathgenuity. At any rate, it's big. I won't be enjoying it too much longer though, tonight I ship out from Seoul to Chuncheon, the site of Camp Fulbright! I'll be directing activities for a little over 80 middle school campers. Super cute camp pics to follow.










I went on a little hike on Sunday with Forest and Ben ('05 Fulbrighters).






With Seoul between my legs, I went umm ... that way!!








When we got to the top, a black squirrel kept trying to steal our lunch. We only put up with him because well, he's a squirrel. They're hard to refuse.





We found a waterfall on the way down and swam like river nymphs. The end!











One more time --- I'M IN KOREA!! I just had to get that out of my system. :)

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger