Tuesday, February 28, 2006

THE REFORMAT

An hour or so hence, I shall reformat my computer. I like to think of this as a new beginning - a squeakier, cleaner beginning.

I might not have the internet on this one for a while. Sure, I can go across the hall and use the homestay family computer. Or I could use the one in my office - or my classroom! Or go to the PC cafe right up the street. But - owning your own computer is like owning your own puppy. Sure, you can love someone else's puppy, but when you know those little yips and yaps and beeps and bytes are really for YOU, and and you alone, there's something special in that knowledge. You know that you don't really own the puppy-computer, it owns YOU. Your soul, I mean, and the attention of your every waking moment. I digress.

In the meantime, I took these pictures yesterday in Jeju City, there is literally no end to chuckle-able Korean signage.





The rest of the pictures from Thailand and Cambodia are also (finally!) up. They're not in sets yet, and the rotation thingy in Flickr has been slow lately, so you might have to muddle through them a bit. Enjoy!

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger