Wednesday, February 22, 2006

PARTNERS IN CRIME

So my homestay brother Kyeong-Hwan comes into my room today with a big grin on his face and his finger to his lips. "Shhh" he says. "My mother wants me to study. I hide here?" Who am I to stand in the way of mischief?? My host sister pokes her head in my room a few minutes later and seeing no brother, goes away - and lucky for the little bugger, doesn't hear him snickering under my desk, hidden by my chair and big coat. Classic. I don't think he did any homework that night. ;)

I realize I haven't posted in quite a while. It's one of those things - there's so much to post about that I'm worried I couldn't possibly cover it all, and so I don't post at all. So here we go - after Chiang Mai I hopped to Bangkok and then Siem Reap and spent about 5 days in the ruins Angkor Wat, an amazingly well-preserved Hindu and Buddhist temple complex that had been hidden in the jungle for centuries. Pictures to come. For now, I'm settling back into my homestay in Jeju, teaching a small winter break class of advanced students. I've developed an almost unholy urge to make fruit smoothies after having them for breakfast every day in Southeast Asia ... I believe I've cleaned the blender maybe 5 times in the last two days? Current favorite: too-yoo (soy milk), protein powder, and fresh strawberries. Still on target with the book goals: just finished Peter Matthiessen's The Snow Leopard and I'm starting In Search of Duende by Lorca at the recommendation of Miss Ariana Balayan (I'm entranced). :) More on those ... maybe I'll start a book review section of this site? In this creepy post-college world, yes - giving myself homework sends oh-goody shivers down my spine.

No comments:


"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe in a reader



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deep ochre. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger